The throat chakra is the centre for self expression, communication, creativity and life purpose. It is also known as the purification centre of our body.
An overactive throat chakra might show as difficulty being silent, talking inappropriately, loudness, speaking from your head (not your heart).
An under active throat chakra might show as fear of speaking, difficulty speaking, shyness, not speaking your truth.
Here's a few of my favourite Throat Chakra self care tips:
- Write it down
- Take a moment to consider the words on the page- are they your truth?
- Take a deep breath and ask yourself if you're truly ready to let it go
- If you are- burn it. As the paper burns and smoke drifts say to yourself "let the universe take it from here"
🎤 - Your voice is your truth. Give your vocal cords a little exercise by finding the perfect song and singing along. Don't worry about how you think you should sound. Give up the expectation and just let the song flow.
👂🏻- Practice listening just to listen- not to respond. I know. This one is going to sound weird, but find a friend or someone you trust- or maybe better yet- a total stranger. For 5 minutes listen. With only the purpose of listening. After those 5 minutes don't respond. Just thank them for sharing. Now you talk for 5 minutes while the other listens.
💋Become more aware of the words you use. Try to cut out negative self talk about yourself and about others. When you hear yourself saying "I know you must think I'm crazy" turn it into "Yea! I know I'm crazy and that what makes me who I am... and I am GOOD with that person." Flip the script on your most negative self talk and own your vulnerable authenticity.
📿 Wear your Gems around your neck. If you're wanting to:
- Calm/Soothe/Anti Anxiety - Blue Lace Agate, Amazonite, Celestite
- Letting Go - Aquamarine
- Fulfilling your purpose - Apatite, Kyanite
🗣 Practice your mantras:
- I speak up for myself
- I express myself with clarity and confidence and integrity
- I express my gratitude towards life
- I listen to my body and my feelings to know what my truth is
- I don't need anyone's approval but my own
- I let go of fear of judgement
- I live my authentic life
- I know when it's time to listen
- I express my emotions freely and respectfully
- I own my purpose
- I am allowed to take up space