Sacral Chakra - The home of pleasure, joy and creativity
In a world where we are regularly encouraged to let go of our wild creative spirit for safety and often forget that - we too- are meant to have joy and pleasure in our daily life, the sacral chakra is SUCH an important focus for wellness. Guys! When’s the last time you let your wild heart tell you what to do? When did you last embrace that inner child and do something ridiculous and joyful? When's the last time you looked at your less than perfect body and thanked the wobbly bits for the memories of joyful times?
Creating Joy is NOT a selfish act. It’s life-giving.
- Location: Lower Abdomen
- Resides over: Reproductive System, scarcity and abundance, sexuality, passion, pleasure, desire, creativity and child-like joy
- Essential Oils: Sandalwood Ylang-Ylang, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Bergamont, Clary Sage
- 💎: Orange- Amber, Carnelian, Peach Moonstone, Orange Calcite, Tangerine Quartz
- 💎 Fav: Sunstone
The lesson of the sacral chakra is truly owning our right to feel. Our physical intimacy, creativity and ability to be social originate here. Comfort with true joy and pleasure are centered here.
When out of alignment you might feel jealousy, guilt and most of all- shame.
Stop it! Stop the shame! You are beautiful and uniquely made. Of course you aren't perfect, and no one ever is. Of course there's room to grow. There ALWAYS IS. The one thing I know for sure- there is no one else out there more responsible for your joy and pleasure than you are. And really- who wants to go through life with less joy?! That's just nonsense.
Embrace your body- it's done amazing things for you.
Embrace your physical nature- humans are built for connection.
Embrace your emotions (all of them) - they have got you to where you are today, and they are going to be heard whether you give them space or not.
Embrace your creativity- it's your expression.
Embrace your passion- it's your soul on fire.
Here's a few of my favourite Sacral Chakra tips
💃🏻 - Dance!
- Joy and Pleasure are closely tied to our physical body. Practice being in your body and feeling it move.
- Appreciate all it does for you
- Turn up some music (May I suggest Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out)
- Just move like no one is watching you
🛀- Take a crystal bath with LOTS of Epsom Salt
- Throw in your crystal combo for the intention you're setting
- Put in a 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups epsom salts, OR one of Byonds natural bath bombs with essential oils. I'll be doing a future blog on why salts are so damn good for you- but until then just trust me
- As you're soaking think about letting those insecurities, worries and the heaviness leave your body and enter the water. I usually like to start at my crown and visualize pushing all that toxicity down my body and out my toes like toothpaste.
- If you want a 2 for 1 - put on one of the guided meditation listed below 👇🏻
- THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART - when laying there in your bath do a body scan and thank your body for all the amazing things it has done for you, and the memories it has helped create.
🎨 - Create.
- I'm all about surrounding myself in pleasure so I would recommend putting on some feel good music and let the creativity flow
- Colour in an adult coloring page. Do a Google Search for your favourite- or do this one - Today I Choose Joy.
- Paint a wall (it makes me happy 😉)
- Get crafty
- Whatever your creative jam is. Schedule it in. Keep your self care commitment to yourself. Do it. And don't let yourself feel guilty you aren't doing something more adulty and responsible. Your responsibility it taking care of yourself.
📿 - Meditate.
😻 Look in the mirror and use your affirmations (a 2 for 1 would be while holding your Byond jewelry)
- I am alive, connected and aware
- I release the old and welcome the new
- I embrace pleasure and abundance
- I give myself permission to play
- I feel and understand my emotions and express them without restraint
- I am creative potential
- I give myself permission to enjoy my sexuality fully
- I value and respect my body
- The sweetness of life flows through me and I radiate it's joy